RGB interface FERGUSON
Interface type: RGB interface
Manufacturer: Ferguson (UK)
Compatible with: Spectrum 16K,48K, +48K
- Interface that provides monochrome video signal and RGB vide signal.
- It was sold to connect the ZX Spectrum to a monitor Ferguson, which provides +12 volts required by the interface (the monochrome video signal works without +12 v).
To use this interface with other RGB monitors / tv, 2 modifications are necessary
- It is necessary to invert the sync signal (If monitor don't support inverted sync).
- It is necessary to provide +12 v to pin input connector 8 DIM. Some possible solutions are:
- You can use an +12 V external source .
- You can use the Spectrum power supply (+9 v signal is present in the expansion bus). The original power supply usually give about 11-13v when it's connected to a 48k Spectrum.